Career Exploration Webquest
The purpose of this webquest is for students to search and identify careers that are of interest to them.
The webquest will meet following objectives:
1. The student will learn and understand about their personality and how it relates to a chosen career.
2. The student will identify career pathways and employment opportunities that are related to their personality strengths and weaknesses.
3. The student will identify post secondary schools that will serve their career choice.
4. The student will be able to compile and reflect on their findings of the career webquest.
As you complete your webquest, you will gather information by completing a personality test that will help identify who you are. You will then search for and identify what career pathways are and employment opportunities in each career field. You will also search and visit school websites that offer education and training in your particular career of interest. At the end of your webquest, you will complete the career interest form and have a good foundation and direction to get you started in your chosen career.
1. Complete each personality test to learn more about yourself; who you are and what you like to do.
2. Complete the career cluster and career interest survey to find career clusters and careers that fit you best.
3. Discover information about career clusters, watch videos and research post secondary education
For Parents and students
career vocabulary review
Complete the career interest survey reflection guide
State & National Standards
Nebraska State Standards:
Standard 1 - Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to the knowledge of self, to effective learning and to the world of work across a life span.
Standard 2 - Students will employ strategies to understand the relations of career and education
Standard 3 - Students will engage in the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of post secondary options.
ITEEA National Standards:
Standard 3 - Students will develop an understanding of the relationships among technologies and the connections between technology and other fields of study.
Standard 4 - Students will develop an understanding of the cultural, social, economic, and political effects of technology.
Standard 6 - Students will develop an understanding of the role of society in the development and use of technology
Summative project rubric
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.